The TJ Ryan Foundation, in conjunction with the Australian Republic Movement (ARM), is pleased to have jointly hosted a public symposium on 'Reviving the Republic'. A keynote address was delivered by ARM chair, Peter FitzSimons AM, followed by a panel discussion on the future of the republic movement in Australia. Discussants included:
- Graeme Orr, Professor, University of Queensland Law School
- Heron Loban, Senior Lecturer, Griffith University Law School
- Tom Cochrane, Adjunct Professor, QUT Faculty of Law
- David Muir, Chair, Real Republic
- Ella Beutner, ARM (QLD) women's convener
The event took place on Thursday, 19 July 2018, in The Gibson Room, Z Block, at QUT Gardens Point Campus in Brisbane.
At the side of this page you can view a video of the keynote address and the panel discussion following (with thanks to QUT for capturing the video footage).
For further details of the event, see the flyer linked below.
Keynote address receives media coverage
The Brisbane Times' Tony Moore reported on Peter FitzSimons' keynote address and points raised during the panel discussion at the event.