Queensland government, parliament and political parties
Queensland News Sources
Principal unions representing largest groups of public sector employees
- Queensland Council of Unions » - The Queensland Council of Unions (QCU) is the peak union body in Queensland with 34 affiliated unions covering around 350 000 Queensland workers. The QCU is the state branch of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU).
- Queensland Nurses Union » - The QNU is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland.
- Queensland Teachers Union » - Queensland Teachers Union site
- Together Union » - Representing public sector workers, formed by the amalgamation of the Queensland Public Sector Union and the Australian Services Union with offices in Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Toowoomba and Townsville.
- Queensland Police Union Journal » - The most informative site for the Queensland Police Union is its journal.
Queensland political history websites
- Queensland Speaks » - Queensland Speaks contains interviews with ministers and key politicians, and senior public servants, providing an insight into the personal and political world of decision making in Queensland from 1968-2008
- Text Queensland » - Text Queensland is a unique and dynamic collection of full-text, searchable, digitised sources on Queensland colonial and state history
- Queensland Places » - A website containing descriptions and images of all the places in Queensland, including cities, suburbs, towns and villages, that have now or once had a population over 500.
Selected Australian public policy websites
- Australia Institute » - The Australia Institute is a progressive think tank. It conducts research on a broad range of economic, social and environmental issues in order to inform public debate and bring greater accountability to the democratic process.
- Australian Options » - Australian Options is a quarterly journal which addresses social justice, political change.
- Australian Policy Online » - Policy Online is a research database and alert service providing free access to full text research reports and papers, statistics and other resources essential for public policy development and implementation in Australia and New Zealand
- Centre for Full Employment and Equity » - The Centre of Full Employment and Equity (known as CofFEE) is an official research centre at the University of Newcastle and seeks to promote research aimed at restoring full employment and achieving an economy that delivers equitable outcomes for all.
- Chifley Research Centre » - The Chifley Research Centre is the Labor Party's official think tank, committed to the advancement of public policy debate and progressive thinking in Australia.
- Evatt Foundation » - The Evatt Foundation was established in 1979 to advance the ideals of the labour movement, such as equality, participation, social justice and human rights, promoting these ideals through research, publications, public discussion and debate.
- Gratton Institute » - Grattan Institute focusses on public policy through private forums and public events, engaging key decision makers and the broader community.
- Inside Story » - Inside Story is published by the Swinburne Institute in the Faculty of Life and Social Sciences at Swinburne University of Technology
- Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis (incorporating NATSEM) » - The Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis at the University of Canberra was established in January 2014 to harness the research strengths of the ANZSOG Institute for Governance (ANZSIG) and the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling (NATSEM).
- Institute for Social Science Research (SSR) » - The University of Queensland's Institute for Social Science Research helps to provide an evidence base to enhance policy and practice, in order to improve economic and social wellbeing for individuals, households, communities and regions in Australia and internationally.
- John Cain Foundation » - The John Cain Foundation was established as an independent, not for profit company in mid 2013. It is dedicated to raising funds for the promotion of research on issues of public policy, whether economic, social and environmental, especially those 'over the horizon ' issues of importance to Australia's future.
- Queensland Science Network » - The Queensland Science Network is a collaboration between Queensland's science societies to promote science events and activities and to share knowledge.
- Social Policy Research Centre (SPRC) » - The University of New South Wales' Social Policy Research Centre is a multidisciplinary centre conducting research designed to be both academically rigorous and useful to those developing social policy and to those using it.
- Workplace Research Centre (WRC) » - The Sydney University's Workplace Research Centre is one of Australia's leading research organisations on work and employment. The WRC assists policymakers and practitioners in industry, government, unions and non-government organisations to improve work, workplaces and working life.